I haven’t posted a new recipe for awhile, so I’m finally bringing you a fresh one for the winter season. We found a simple recipe for baked brie that only requires five ingredients, producing a perfect combination of sweet and savoury. This is an ever popular appetizer served at holiday parties, but during these days of self-isolation, you can just enjoy alone in a fit of gluttony like we did.
Adapted from Damn Delicious.
Servings: 1 (8 ounce) wheel of brie | Prep time: 10 minutes | Ready time: 25 minutes
- 1 (8-ounce) wheel brie cheese
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1) Preheat oven to 350 F.
2) Spread pecans in a single layer on a clean baking sheet. Place into oven and bake until toasted and fragrant, about 6-8 minutes. Set aside.
3) Place brie on a rimmed baking sheet or a 5-inch cast iron skillet. Place into oven and bake until softened, about 12-15 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
4) While brie is baking, in a small saucepan over medium heat, combine maple syrup, rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until foamy, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in pecans.
5) Serve brie warm topped with maple syrup mixture. Ready to serve with crackers or baguette.
👨🍳 Notes from Mr. Chuckles
Our brie was baked for 12 minutes and it came out quite melty and gooey. You may want to play around with the bake time to get it more oozy rather than completely liquified.
We served this with water crackers, but it is good for dipping with anything from bread to apple slices.
Leave a Reply