It’s happening! I’ve finally booked the flights for our long awaited trip to London, UK and Iceland for mid-September.
We will be travelling via Icelandair on their Stopover in Iceland deal, which includes a stopover (up to seven days) in Iceland at no additional airfare. For us, it will be six days in London and four days in Reykjavik.
I’ll be spending the next couple months planning and dreaming about this trip, and I would love to get your suggestions on things to do in and around both cities. My bucket list so far:
- Tour Buckingham Palace
- Afternoon Tea at The Savoy
- Eat and shop at Covent Garden
- Eat at Borough Market
- Visit Portobello Road Market and find the famous “blue door” from Notting Hill
- Watch an Arsenal game at Emirates Stadium
- See a show in the West End
- Revisit the Tower of London
- Have a meal at a Michelin Star restaurant
- Eat delicious Indian food on Brick Lane (Curry Mile)
- Day trip to Oxford and Cotswolds
- Try to see the Northern Lights
- Tour the Golden Circle
- See the South Shore (Reynisfjara Black Sand Beach, Sólheimajökull Glacier, Reynisdrangar Basalt Sea Stacks, Skógafoss Waterfall, Seljalandsfoss Waterfall)
- Spa day at the Blue Lagoon
Looking forward to seeing your recommendations in the comments!