Last week, I’ve Bean Travelling reached another milestone – the two year anniversary of the inception of this blog. In celebration, I’m finally getting around to responding to my nomination for the Outstanding Blogger Award, granted by the kind folks Michelle and Richard from Chalk & Cheese Travels, and Angela from Suitcase Travel.
- Provide a link to the creator’s original award post.
- Answer the questions provided. With two nominations came two sets of questions, but I’m only going to answer the first set from Angela.
- Create 7 unique questions.
- Nominate up to 10 bloggers and ensure that they are aware of their nominations.
My responses to Angela’s questions
1. How did you choose the name for your blog?
The blog title I’ve Bean Travelling was inspired by my nickname and, of course, my love of travelling.
2. How do you motivate yourself to keep blogging?
In a time that seems long lost, I was travelling quite frequently and loved keeping a visual record of my explorations around the world. My friends and family also seemed to enjoy keeping track of my travel experiences. Nowadays, I suppose I’m motivated to keep blogging by sheer boredom!
3. If you could create another blog what would it be?
I would like to create a more photography based blog, perhaps once I refine my photo taking skills and gather more inspiration.
4. What hobby do you have besides blogging?
Travel, of course! But during this year of no travel, I’ve been spending most of my time and money on home decor. I’m also planning the perfect balcony garden and have been working on growing herbs indoors while I await the end of winter.
5. What are your essential travel apps or gadgets?
My camera, Lonely Planet guide books, and Reddit /travel.
6. Once you can plan your next vacation, where will you go ?
My travel bucket list has become quite lengthy. I think that my first international vacation will probably be Iceland and possibly Scotland, on the trip that was planned but derailed last year due to the pandemic. I’ve also been thinking about more travel through Asia and have been dreaming about Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan (again), and Bhutan (inspired by Pam’s blog post).
7. What superpower would you like to have?
Probably teleportation. It would be amazing to travel far and wide while avoiding 15 hour long intercontinental flights. And I wouldn’t have to worry about ending up on a plane with an anti-masker. 😏
- What hobbies have you picked up while travel is on hold?
- What is your favourite travel related film or television series?
- What is the best/worst accommodation you have stayed in during your travels?
- What is the strangest food you’ve eaten while travelling?
- Plane, train, or automobile: which is your preferred mode of transportation while abroad?
- Travel is cancelled, forever. You have the chance to go on one final, single country trip for two weeks before you sink into lockdown depression — where will you go?
- Show us the last travel photo in your album and tell us where it was taken.
Let’s continue to support and cheer each other throughout 2021 for the Outstanding Blogger Award!
Leave a Reply